Thursday, January 21, 2010

Compromise…gotta love it

This kitchen has taught this wife compromise.  Never before in my married life has my husband had an opinion,given advice or input on how I have decorated our home in any way whatsoever.  So what do I do when I began this kitchen remodel?  Asked his opinion.  Guess what?  He had one!! Wrong time to ask as now I am learning compromise.  Now don’t get me wrong.  In many areas of our 18 years of marriage I have compromised but not in my precious design for the home.  So what have I compromised on?

I wanted painted heirloom white cabinets with mocha glaze.

He wanted stained wood.  Guess what we have?

IMG_5779

I wanted white bead board as backsplash and 3/4ths of the way up the wall with a chair rail.

He didn’t.  I now once again refer you to the picture above. 

Compromise….  

BUT do you remember who said, “Hey honey let’s remodel the kitchen with my overtime funds!” ?  That would be my baby of 18 years..

   Compromise… I hope to live with it for 18 years times 8.

Blessings

Roxanne

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like it's going to be a spectacular kitchen!!!

From another Nebraskan--
Joni

Unknown said...

Ok - I had to comment because this was our whole house building experience!!!! I love your blog and I love your kitchen! : )