Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Graduation Decor Part I

It's almost been a month now since we celebrated the graduation of our oldest daughter. Wow how time flies. Our daughters are on a vacation of a lifetime now with their Aunt. They are in Italy! So that leaves me with some time to finally sit down and share some of our graduation ideas and decor.
When we began planning our graduation celebration, I went to all of my favorite blog sites and began taking notes. Right away we knew this would be an amazing time to try the beloved "candy bar".
So every time we went out of town, we would purchase one type of green candy.
Sour pear jelly bellies were the favorite! (Thanks Grandma Sandy!)
Large sour apple gumballs........
green licorice

We had friends, coworkers, and family on the "hunt" for green candy. We searched for green rock candy and didn't have a lot of luck. Then I received a call from a gal from my office who was with her mom on a trip through the badlands of South Dakota. They stopped at Wall Drug and guess what they found? ROCK CANDY! Thanks Pat!:)

When we first found out our colors were green and black, I panicked but with the help of Hobby Lobby, I soon realized there were many amazing patterns in black and white. The takeout boxes turned into the perfect container for green suckers. Notice the filling? That would be Easter basket grass purchased on clearance for 20 cents.
Due to inclement weather, we had to move our celebration inside. So the candy bar found its place in the corner of the dining room. It was going to be out on the patio for guests to pick at during the concert Ciara had planned on putting on.
I borrowed apothecary jars from friends and family as well, making the presentation awesome.
More to come tomorrow...
Blessings
Roxanne




No comments: