Friday, March 13, 2009

Hooked on Vintage Flower Art

Julia over @ http://hookedonhouses.net/ is having a Hooked on Friday party so I thought I would share my love of old vintage flower art. They just draw me in and I wonder what wall they use to adorn and the story behind their first purchase or the artist that painted it. This first picture is in my bedroom and I paid more for it than I have ever paid for antique pictures. Can you beat peonies? I think not..

This is the beginning of a wall collage of flower art. This tray was from an old hotel that my uncle purchased about 10 years ago. I love the roses with the blend of red/pink.
This is a picture that my precious daughter saw when she was visiting her G-ma at her neighbors garage sale and knew I would love it. How wonderful to know that my children know their mom this well. I love the turquise/blue trim. Plus the fact that my daughter gave it to me. $2.00 that she spent was priceless to me.
This pictures is from a dear friend from Christmas. It is raised art and oh how I love it. If you look closely you will see a hole through the vase of the flowers. That is a blog post in and of itself people. It has something to do with a husband and his brand new bow. Ummm to be continued...
O.K. so I just realized that I keep thinking this is my favorite.. maybe I just can't pick one favorite. The colors in this picture are awesome as well. It is the centerpiece to my wall of flowers.
These three little pictures are the finishing touch to my wall. The one in the middle is the most beautiful blues purchased for .50 and the two on each side were free... yes FREE. They were in a free bin last year on the Nebraska Junk Jaunt.
Here is the big picture......What do you think?
This picture is in my kitchen and the colors are perfect. Very bright and vivid.
And these are the latest addition. Yesterday when I came home from work I found these on my table. They were from my husband and attached was a note that said just because. We have been married for 17 years and I still can't believe that God loved me enough to give me someone who loves me more with time. I am truly blessed.
Thanks for sharing my hooked on flowers...
Blessings
Roxanne

7 comments:

Why S? said...

It's nice to have collections, isn't it? Sometimes we have too many things but collections are one way of showing the world who we are and of anchoring us to our history, I think.

Thanks for visiting The Hill.

Decor To Adore said...

Ooh I love the tole tray!

Beca said...

Roxanne, you have great taste. I like your art collection and I really enjoy your blog. How sweet of your husband to bring you flowers. I've also been married for 17 years. Blessings,
Beca

Kathi said...

I love your vintage flower art collection! Your wall looks great!
Thanks for the inspiration! I have several framed flower art pieces too and never thought about grouping them all together like this... very pretty!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

The vintage flowers remind me of paintings in my grandmother's house that I loved when I was growing up. Brings back happy memories for me! And I love that your husband gave you flowers, just because. You're a lucky woman! :-)

...more today than yesterday... said...

"I still can't believe that God loved me enough to give me someone who loves me more with time. I am truly blessed." That's exactly how I feel about my sweet, wonderful Ty!! =) I extend it to say, "I still can't believe God loved me enough to allow me to love this amazing man more each and every day!" Love, Krista

Briana said...

Great blog yyou have here