Wednesday, November 26, 2008

trip to the thrifties...


Last Saturday I took a trip 20 minutes down the road to my favorite thrift store and I also found a new hardware/antique/junkue (junkue looks so much more sophisticated that junk-don't you think?) store that I love love love. I am already dreaming of my next trip back. Everything I purchased at the hardware store was wrapped in old dress patterns. How cool is that? O.K... please tell me I'm not the only one who could get excited by that?


I was so excited to see these wreaths on a hook I couldn't reach... so I asked for some help. I thought they would be perfect on the back of my dining room table chairs... They were marked $10 a piece which I am sure they were worth as old as they were and as good of shape as they were in... Sooo I asked if that was her bottom dollar and she gave them to me for $2.00 a piece... yeah baby!!! They are so adorable!!! I am a total nut when it comes to antique christmas ornaments. Some of these will adorn a tree I painted white and some will be made into a wreath I have been dreaming about.


Buttons to make a christmas tree that one of my dear favorite blogs I follow made... and more ornaments for that wreath.This all came from the thrift store for pennies... :-)


This will be made into a table that I saw on a blog.....



I bought a chandelier that I plan to glue these cups and saucers to and use as votive holders... Pictures will follow....Blessing/Roxanne

1 comment:

Decor To Adore said...

Oh the Christmas decorating fairy was with you that day! :)