Saturday, October 8, 2011

Junk Jaunt Treasure

In September, Nebraska hosts an even known as the Nebraska Junk Jaunt.  It is our own little miles and miles of Garage Sales.  It has been going on now for about 6 years and my mom and I have yet to miss a year.  One of the treasures I brought home was this fun bamboo stool. 
IMG_0729

The stool was structurally sound and oozing potential.  Ever since we put the island in our kitchen, we are always in need of more seating. 
IMG_0732
I have been noticing that the color orange is making it’s way into décor and I have been wanting to add a little into our house so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity.  Rust-oleum ultra cover is my absolute favorite spray paint.  The coverage in this product is amazing! 
IMG_0735
Here is the stool with one coat…yes I said one coat.
After the orange was dry, I painted on a liberal coat of of glaze and began working it into the cracks and crevices the bamboo.
I so love the way it turned out.
IMG_0746
IMG_0749
IMG_0756IMG_0758
I plan on adding to the whimsical look & keeping my eye out for other random stools to recreate.  My total cost with paint and purchase was $10.59. 
Blessings
Roxanne

1 comment:

Static Spectre said...

I love it! The barstools turned out so cute!
I am a spray paint queen! haha

Have a blessed weekend:))

Kay Ellen