Tuesday, December 1, 2009

1st Christmas Tour

For the longest time I thought there was something terribly wrong with me. You see I love Christmas. No, really love Christmas. I love decorating all year long actually, but I seriously have a Christmas decorating fettish.
And then I met you, my dear blogging friend, and found out I am not alone. One of those wonderful people that share the same love of artisitc expression is Tracey over @Notes From A Cottage Industry. So come along with me as I share with you a few pics of what is done so far in the Philben Christmassy Home!

I love the mercury red candle holders above and decided this year to try to add turquise to my red and green theme and I think it worked! Right in the middle of the candles you will see one of our "away in the mangers". My middle daughter loved nativity sets as a child and asked for away in the mangers for her Christmas gift. We're talking 2 1/2 years old people. Lucky for me that means that I have a little partner in crime when it comes to decorating.
We found these spools of thread @ the thrift store and once again the ladies at the register just nodded their head at me with bewilderment as to what I was going to "knit with all of the thread". It's too pretty to touch I told them. It will sit in an old basket lined with an old Christmas runner in front of the fireplace. Okay they say. :-)
Forgot to turn the lights on in the greenery. Oops. Thinking I need to add some ribbon up here to to add to the look. So little time....

I purchased these wreaths at a high end department store @ 60% off three years ago and usually line the front windows with them. This year I decided to adorn our game boards with them instead. Too crazy? My husbands coffee buddy thinks so. But what do they know? If they had their way everything would be decorated with pheasant feathers and the likes. Hmmm. Come to think of it, I'll have to try that.

I also have found a liking to Christmas trees and here are the ones I have found so far. Silver and sparkly and green and glittery and blue and .... Can't think of anything to go with blue. Please forgive me.

In our main bath you will find chocolate draped with turquise. Man, now I'm hungry. Chocolate is such a wonderful food.
Thanks so much for stopping by and I promise much more to come.
Make sure to head over to Tracey's blog @ http://acottageindustry.typepad.com/a_cottage_industry/ to see so much more Christmassy goodness.
Blessings
Roxanne

4 comments:

luvtoquilt said...

Beautiful decorating job -- I love your use of colo!

Susan said...

Very colorful and festive!
Blessings!

Lisa said...

Hi,
I am so late touring all of the holiday homes from Tracey's blog. I Love the game board wreaths! Tell your hub & his pal they are crazy. I love how you incorporated turquoise into your decor. Christmas-y yet updated! Happy Holidays. Lisa

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Your Christmas decorating looks wonderful! Love all those glittery trees! I'm doing trees as a theme this year and wish I'd thought of it last year so I could have taken advantage of those after Christmas Sales!

Manuela